We run several programmes within the Sustainable Land Trust:
- Creating and demonstrating sustainable land management techniques that also illustrate all of the functions provided by habitats and species in supporting society.
- Research and innovation: working with universities and statutory agencies to develop and demonstrate new methods of land planning and management
- Community regeneration – working with local authorities, parish councils and community groups to undertake projects that maximise the functions of their local ecosystem to contribute to addressing local issues
- Capacity building of community groups and local/ parish councils by providing training and workshops in how to carry out sustainable ecosystem and open space management; contribute to health and wellbeing, and achieve community cohesion.
- Improving knowledge and skills through training
- Supporting those with social, emotional, behavioural, physical, and/or learning issues, and those in recovery to improve relationships and achieve personal development
- Addressing issues of poor health and wellbeing through interactions with nature
- Creating long lasting cultural associations with nature through activities, training and workshops that promote use of natural materials and heritage skills in art, craft, food and other products (to create a sense of belonging)
Consultancy and Land Management
- Environmental and sustainability consultancy services to local authorities, community regeneration groups, parish councils, land owners and developers to improve biodiversity and design landscapes that provide the maximum ecosystem services to support people and the functioning of the local landscape
- Land and estate management services that include habitat creation, restoration and management, biodiversity monitoring and reporting.