We run several programmes within the Sustainable Land Trust:
- Alternative Education and Work Experience: Based at Burrough Court Estate we use the local landscape to provide land based training and work experience to vulnerable adults and young people.
- Sustainable Land Management: We use the Borough Court Estate to demonstrate good practice and innovation in ecosystems management; measuring the impacts of our work and sharing this with others.
- Research: We work with universities and industry to carry out practical research into a range of innovative ways of managing land sustainably and improving the value of ecosystems to people.
- Entrepreneurship: We encourage entrepreneurship into small scale and based and artisan ventures by providing mentoring and incubator spaces for people to test and develop ideas.
- Community Development: We work with communities to help them develop new skills and competencies in addressing issues relating to sustainability and ecosystem management, through a range of mechanisms – training and support, mentoring, partnership working.
- Community Regeneration: We work with decision makers, agencies, partnerships, land owners and policy managers to improve the lives of communities through the enhancement of their natural environment; helping them to identify the multiple benefits this can provide – economically, socially, and through improved opportunities to maximise their ecosystems.